Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting lost & Wasting time ...

I am so curious about this feeling I have of  ...  ‘being naughty’. 

I have all this work to do both for my course, and ‘work work’ (ie to pay the bills and look after my clients.  Not to mention the house is a mess and I need to wash my hair!   

But even with all these very important things to do ..

I have found myself spending pretty much all day yesterday and today ... 

roaming free, exploring, finding stuff,  collecting bits and pieces until my ‘burrow’ ( If I was a bower bird)  or my basket ... (since I am a person) ...  is full! 

Yes! I feel like a 5 year old in a meadow full of flowers and I am allowed to run through them all picking up any that I like! Until my basket is completely and totally overflowing.


In my grown up world of computers and doing something with all this stuff, that translates to ... my computer now having an extra 20 odd ‘folders’ containing almost 100 webpages / pdfs/ reports and articles (that I really do want to read!)

I’d like to say I have been very systematic during my rummage around and had a well conceived, highly thought out,  filing system established before I began and now everything is sorted and easy to be located when I need it.

Sadly, that is not the case. 

The reality is my ‘computer’ looks worse than a 15 year old girl’s bedroom which has just be subjected to 4 other 15 year old girls all getting ready for party.  (Can’t find a suitable image so just imagine  .. every piece of clothing strewn all around the room .. and everyone now frantically searching for the other pink shoe .. that was “just here a minute ago!”)

SOOOO – I guess I should spend some time cleaning, fixing and finishing up all the things I have to do .. in my course, my computer, my home and probably even my mind. –

BUT before I go  if you want to see and hear what I have been doing ..

Check out the next blog .. (might be a while before I can post it – LEARNING about embedding video! J

No comments:

Post a Comment