Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And so it begins ... (Again)

What a start to the year!  I am still digesting the experiences over the last week or so with the floods in Queensland and indeed the continued flooding around Australia.  As such, this post will not be about that; except to say, my heartfelt sympathy to all who have lost so much and even those of us who have lost a little (in comparison).

This post is just a ‘getting back into it’ post and to confirm I have made plans to be part of the Facilitating Online Course in 2011. http://wikieducator.org/Facilitating_Online . Now whether I will be informal, facilitated or formal, I haven’t yet decided, but I love the options and the accessibility of the experience.  I have heard such great things about this course that I am looking forward to getting into it.

I hope to blend, or maybe utilise is a better word, the skills of online facilitation with activities required to operate my (assessment only) RTO.  In particular, I am thinking about activities such as validation and moderation, industry engagement and the enrolment / induction process. 

I also want to build and enhance my PLN / PLE, digital identify and capture my professional development in such a way that is useable (showable?) for Auditors in order to demonstrate currency and competency.  

I am going to link my learnings and activities in the course to my ‘under construction’ eportfolio as well further strengthening other professional relationships and associations.

The plan is to do all this, while helping my adult children get back on their feet after their house flooded and continue to do the work that pays the bills.

It is going to be a big year! There is a lot I want and need to do and achieve but, funny enough, I am looking forward to it.  

Oh and I also hope for lots of ‘blue skies’ for all of us.

8 comments:

  1. What I love about social networking is serendipity. About 5 minutes ago I got a tweet from a friend with a link to an article about pragmatism as a research paradigm. I had never heard of pragmatism being a research paradigm so I was very interested in reading it - I am trying to decide what paradigm I will be using for my EdD research. Blow me down, I come to your profile and see you are a pragmatic social constructivist! If ever that was a sign we're going to be friends, that is one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pragmatism . . .sounds like translational research - am I on the right track? . . .if I meet you on one of the calls (just enrolled too!), remind me to ask!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathleen. That sounds like a whole lot of stuff for 2011, but with a lot of interconnectedness. Hope that makes it easier. And good luck to your children in their post-flood recovery project.

    (Deleted and reposted to hide all the spolling errers)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I like that “pragmatic social constructivist” *committed to memory* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HiKathleen,
    I have folks near Brisbane Qld and the floods were awful. But to a new year and new beginnings. Hope to see u at FO2011. Missed the session today at 0630 our time!
    Rgds

    aditya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear , I have a plan to help us all become world class Online Facilitators. This is my wall: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/eschoolkerala
    Please add me (Skype ID: sebastianpanakal) and my friend Lynne (Skype ID: lynne.lehmer) as your Skype contacts . Lynne is an adventurous Momtrepreneur! You'll love her.

    I facilitated an online session of Lynne Lehmer. Christ Woodhouse, too was there in Lynne's "Viral Marketing on Facebook" online session. Watch the recording for more details: http://bit.ly/eVn693

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Guys ... thanks for responding and I am so sorry I am only just NOW responding to your responses - Yes this is Kathleen Zarubin .. and by the fact I am posting by way of a comment and not into the blog .. well explains a bit. In brief, I didn’t know anyone had been here (no notice came through email) and now I do not seem to be able to log in ... will have to put this on my to do list to try and sort this out again :( ...

    ReplyDelete