Sunday, November 7, 2010

... BUT having fun and learning heaps

Part of the reason I haven’t done everything I was supposed to on the forums this week is ... I found this AMAZING FUN and Fantastic bit of FREE software.  (First bit of proof that I find it hard to resist shinny thing!)

It is a movie maker software site and you can

a) find out more about it here and  you can


c) They even have a You Tube Channel     *but I can’t vouch for the suitability of content   - But enough about them ... now on to me! 

I have made a movie!!!

If you want and have time .. Please do  check out my first attempt.  (detailed below)

Kathleen (aka the girl with so many questions) meets the ‘Webaster’!

The Blurb
Ever felt lost and overwhelmed with 100s of questions about all this technology?   Well you are not alone.   Watch Kathleen (aka the girl with so many questions) ask some questions to the Web Master. You may not feel so alone and you might even learn a new dance.

The Embedded code (?  I hope)  - NO - that didn't work - just lines fo 'text' (OK on the TO Do List - learn how embedded codes work! - I did copy and paste it!)  - sorry - just try the link OR  - It may work with me uploading from my computer ?  Here lets see ...

Hummm - It is definately 'doing something' at this end.  It appears to need to be played in Quick Time .. (hope it works for you!)

Ok NO - that didn't work either.  I think the file is too big to be direclty uploaded. I really hope some one can see my movie  - and perhaps help me find a way to make it a smaller file.  If not .. well i had fun anyway  ... )

You might have to turn down the sound let it load and then re-play if it keeps getting stuck!!  - sorry  - OR maybe save it to your computer then play it from there? 
OR the link (if the embedded code doesn’t work? - which it didn't - this link takes you to the softwware site where the moive is still 'on'

AND I have just uploaded to it to YouTube .. where if you have the time, I do have 2 other videos for my children (proud mother and all that J 


Embedded code? (Just more lines of text - Must learn more about that!)
 
Unfortunately I do not think it has been ‘saved’ in the best format. 

If / when you look at it  ... IF  it stops and starts,   may I suggest you turn off the sound, let it download completely .. then play it. 
(Another thing to do .. learn more about the best format to save movies in!!)   

And having listened to it again I can hear and see some ‘errors’ – but I would really appreciate any comments you may like to make.

And again I have to say I have had a BLAST doing this.  If it appeals to you ... have a go yourself.  I'd love to be Movie Buddies with you.
(if it works out we can end up finding a way to share them! :)

2 comments:

  1. You Tube link just worked well for me - hope it does for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathleen! You have really embraced the journey. I love how creative this is.

    ReplyDelete